Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cigarette lighter question

Options
  • 29-07-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

The cigarette lighter plug isnt working in my 99 transporter van. I tried replacing the fuse but no joy. Im going to try replacing the unit itself but before i go and find one in a breakers, does anyone have anything else i could try?

Will any cigarette lighter fitting fit it do ye think? are they pretty much universal?

(PS i need the cig plug to work so i can use my ipod)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Check that its getting power first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Could just be a wire off at the back.Try a meter or a bulb on the centre contact and earth to see for sure if there is no power.A motor factor might have a new one.Old ones might be bad too, bad connections etc.They are all standard I think.Maybe you need the ignition on for it to work, some cars are like that. Not all work with the key at the accessory position.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

cheers lads ill check that out

Advertisement