Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hoping you can help me and my family.

Options
  • 28-07-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Posted this on a paranormal thread, hoping someone can answer things for me

Hi All,

I am new to this. This is my first post. I am a mammy of 2 beuatiful children. my eldest is nearly 3 and my youngest is 1 in novemeber. I have had dreams since I can remember, and imaginary friends since I was tiny. This is how my life has always been. Things got out of control when I was in my teens. I had alot of out of body experiences, dreams, and "people" visiting. I explained to my parnets. But its too uncomfortable to talk about. I was then "closed off" till I was 18 as that was as long as they could do it for. I didnt feel right. I am happier now that I have it, even though I know have to try learn things on my own.
    My children get dreams, if anyone can believe me on this - I can see there dreams some times. I dont want things to be hard for any of us. I dont tell my friends (because I dont want to be mad fel crazy), I have told my husband, I would have contact with his passed over father.

I guess I am looking for guidence and help. Every night we would have something going on in our house. I do enojy what I am, but want to understand how to do everything properly. I am embracing the "freak" in me, and proud to wave my flag.

.Blessed Be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You should be proud to wave your flag and you should embrace who you are.

Like you, I closed off in my teens following a few terrifying experiences. If I make an effort to open up, I can feel the wall coming down and a block. I suppose I did too good a job closing myself up :o.

How are things hard for you? When you say you can see their dreams, what do you mean? That sounds very interesting.

What exactly are you looking for help with? How would you like someone to help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 P3Lady

Thank you so much for replying to me. I used to get "dream popping" I called it when I was younger. I can be dreaming myself and then get pulled from my dream into someone elses. I know sounds crazy. I dont even know how to explain it. It can be confussing, and I am not always sure what dreams are my own. But some are easier to tell.

Well I need help at what is our life now, I suppose. We would have "visitors" alot, but ever since I was closed off it takes me longer to realise someone is trying to get my attention. The I do, and it drains me alot. So I need to be giving the right guidance into dealing with it. My Husband, while a brilliant man, doesnt always get it, but trys when I talk things over. And will help me if I have been really upset by a dream I have seen.

I guess I need help with arranging my dreams too. Some are just plain old dreams, fears and things that are on my mind, good and bad. Others are dreams which I see things happening that do, or people trying to contact me in some way. I also feel sometimes what people feel, negative things or nice things, although the negative seem to come through at full steam. My family have always just called me senstive to how people feel.

thanks again, it feels better to write it down then to say it out loud. I would think I am a faker or just mad, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd be really really interested to hear more about dream "popping" if you don't mind. Are you aware it has happened at the time? Do you know you are dreaming? How do you know you're in someone elses dream? Sorry for all of the questions I've just never heard of it before. It's very interesting.

Some people are just sponges for other peoples emotions. Of course this can just be a personality trait but from a spiritual point of view, you could try a protection.

It can be as simple as imagining an unbreakable bubble around you (it's also lovely to imagine this filling with colour as you need it).

This page might have somthing interesting for you too http://www.wingsforthespirit.com/spiritual-protection-techniques.htm

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think for anyone on a spiritual journey or development, the first and main thing to realise is that you dont have to 'use' any of the information you get in dreams or psychically. A lot of people I speak to who are taking their first steps in getting a handle on all this feel that if they have a message that they should pass it on, or that if they know how someone (say in the news) died, that they should prove they were right.

The thing is, you dont need to do that. I spent a lot of years troubled over a missing person I felt I needed to find. I never got to pass on my information, and it took a long time to realise that it really wasnt my job anyway.

Once you get that into your head, it really takes the pressure off and you can relax and know that anything that you feel is there for you to understand and learn from personally. In time you may begin to work with others, but I dont think thats something anyone should contemplate until they are calm and secure in what they are receiving anyway.

Apart from that op, you just need to begin to accept this additional sense as just that, a natural part of you, like hearing or seeing. Its just something you can do. There is nothing to fear from it, and you can learn to adjust your focus and 'shut down' when you need to. The simplest way to do this is to ground yourself in reality. Eat. Weed your garden. Do laundry. Play with your children. Immerse yourself in normality.

Lastly, this is your journey, personal to you. Others may have learned ways to work it out, but their methods will not necessarily work for you. So dont get too caught up in belief systems or ritual. Look at how others work, or systems that people use, and take what fits for you, and discard the rest. Avoid having anyone 'teach' you how to do things, work it out for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Some folk, especially those from a Celtic or Romany background, often have their psychic ability near to the surface.
    It is all quite natural, although it is rarely openly spoken about, so dont be afraid or ashamed or proud of it - it 'just is'.
    As with most abilities, it can take time and trial and error before you feel 'in charge' of it and speaking with like-minded souls is a great help.

I do not know how near you are to anyone but this site just might give you a pointer: http://www.sui-eire.com/content.php

Good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement