Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RL Forum - How to resurrect it?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

tumbleweed.gif

Tumbleweeds in the forum at the business end of the Super League season and early part of the NRL season and no posts for 3 weeks, and one post in almost a month, This when there was no Premier League football, no Irish in the football World Cup

Never a massive number of posts but this is slow, even by the RL forum standards

Has Rugby League been so boring and uninspiring this year that the interest is gone? Admittedly for me, watching my team lose more or less, week in, week out may be wearing thin.

So, short of a party with party hats, balloons, jelly and Ice Cream and goodie bags, what can be done to add oommpphhh to the forum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

dooferoaks wrote: »
    tumbleweed.gif

Tumbleweeds in the forum at the business end of the Super League season and early part of the NRL season and no posts for 3 weeks, and one post in almost a month, This when there was no Premier League football, no Irish in the football World Cup

Never a massive number of posts but this is slow, even by the RL forum standards

Has Rugby League been so boring and uninspiring this year that the interest is gone? Admittedly for me, watching my team lose more or less, week in, week out may be wearing thin.

So, short of a party with party hats, balloons, jelly and Ice Cream and goodie bags, what can be done to add oommpphhh to the forum?

I agree, it can go quite quiet on here (I know I certainly come and go...).

This season has been very enjoyable in my opinion. Saints and Leeds aren't having it their own way. Wigan are making some serious signings for next year. Wire are a quality unit and then the next 3 or 4 - Hull, KR, Huddersfield etc are more than capable of the odd upset. I know, living in Leeds, that this place gets more of a buzz coming up to the play-offs - especially if The Rhinos are in form...

Even the Championship is having one of its most enjoyable seasons to watch. Widnes, Fax, Barrow, Leigh, Fev all capable of winning the GF

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just thinking out loud about the season.

This post will have been no help to the original post...Sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Sorry lads, do me best to keep to RL forum a going concern, but snowed under with work at the min, so have let it slide...will try to get back to weekly SL round updates etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

toomevara wrote: »
    Sorry lads, do me best to keep to RL forum a going concern, but snowed under with work at the min, so have let it slide...will try to get back to weekly SL round updates etc....

Certainly wasn't a dig at you Toom, it was as much a dig at myself really. Apologies if it came out like I am slating your modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Certainly wasn't a dig at you Toom, it was as much a dig at myself really. Apologies if it came out like I am slating your modding.

Not at all doofer,never thought that for a minute, don't be daft...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Iv been keeping a close eye on the NRL season but there hasn't been much talk about it in these forums for a while despite it being on Setanta and all =/ Im sure things will pick up after a while though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

I suppose I am in the same boat as doofer.

Coming to terms with seeing Wakey getting a thumping every week, especially after starting the season so promisingly, has subdued my interest in the game somewhat at the moment.

Hopefully, I can overcome my personal disappointment and get back to watching the greatest game from a neutral stand-point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Just a bit too busy at the moment to post much at all.

disillusioned with Irish Rugby League and don't see enough SL or NRL these days to comment on it.

I'll try and get a bit more going when I start training again next season.

Advertisement