Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Spreadsheet

Options
  • 28-07-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering would anybody who has built a house recently have an excell spreadsheet for tracking the cost of the build? If so would it be possible to send it on to me. We are hoping to build soon bu want to try work out our costs

Thanks again in advance guys

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Someone posted something like this about 18 -24 months ago. If I can recall it I'll post the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Thanks Muffler

Would appreciate it alot thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Jollyman has a blog going here...
    http://selfbuildardmore.blogspot.com/
    Google pages link to budget ss half way down on left

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

I have a spreadsheet and I've been meaning to mail it to few people, but it's on my PC at home and I have no internet at the moment and keep forgetting to bring it into work.

Send me a PM and I'll hopefully get to you.

It's broken down into :

Design & Planning Costs
    Building Costs
    Outstanding Costs
    Wish List Costs

You enter the value of your mortgage and any money you have put in personally outside of the mortgage and does all the calculations.

So send me a PM and I'll hopefully remember to do it this weekend, I've been meaning to send it to Wolfhound14.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

JuniorB wrote: »
    Jollyman has a blog going here...
    http://selfbuildardmore.blogspot.com/
    Google pages link to budget ss half way down on left
    That was the one but I couldn't recall it.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Here is the spreadsheet that I used

Spreadsheet

The spreadsheet is broken up into:

Design & Planning
    Building Total
    Remaining Building : Essential Works
    Finishing : Works that we would hope to carry out

N237 : Contains your Mortgage Amount
    Column P & Q contain money put in directly to the build.

Within the Remaining building Section, I have Quoted and Expected. Typically when I was Quoted a price I entered it into the Quoted Column. Added 20% onto the price and put it in the expected price. This ensured that I could adapt the budget to any unforeseen charges.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Ninja bob,

What size house was that build for? seems very very expensive imo

The house is around 3600 square feet

There is also a garage (650 square feet with underfloor, same insulation spec and same electrical & plumbing spec as the house)

We had problems with the build that cost us approximately €50,000 to rectify (And certain works are ongoing)

You can see the details of the house:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036901&page=61

The house probably was very expensive to build and then re-build. But I would rather have fixed the issues in the house than sit there looking at them for the rest of my life, or worse still having parts of the house crumble around me because I didn't do anything about it when I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciara_forde

Hi, I know this is a long shot, but by any chance do you have this spreadsheet still

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciara_forde

I know this post is super old but do any of ye have the spreadsheet from the blog as it no longer exists

• Advertisement
Advertisement