Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Checking in!

Options
  • 28-07-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

By a complete random chain of events I found myself living in Ireland for the summer and thought that while I was here that I would check out the local ski/snowboard scene...... glad I came across this forum!!

Are there any slopes in ireland? dry or fake snow or otherwise?!

In winter I run a ski chalet in Slovakia and have seen a few threads on here about us and where we are which is all good, so if anyone is looking for option for next winter, ill meet yous for a pint and tell you all about it if you like!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

could you post a link to your website ?
    What resort is it ?
    what flights from ireland are the best to look at ?
    what is the best transfer method to the resort ?
    what is the cost, do you do deals with a lift pass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Propa_Paul

Hey Bovvered,

i didnt post anything in before as I didnt want to spam! but here is some info for you:

could you post a link to your website ?
    http://www.propagandasnowboards.com and on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=2417050955

What resort is it ?
    Jasna, Slovakia

what flights from ireland are the best to look at ?
    Ryanair Dublin to Bratislava,
    what is the best transfer method to the resort ?
    €11 train across to Liptovsky Mikulas which takes 3 hours and has €1 beers and a restaurant on board where we meet you the other end. We can arrange for guys to meet you at the airport and get you to the station and so on as well...... the Poprad airport link went out of business so this is the cheapest and most convenient route at the moment.

what is the cost, do you do deals with a lift pass ?
    For next season our week long accommodation deals start at around €150. A pass will set you back €144 in high season, €78 after March 5th time for 6 days. Hire is €70 for the week and a 3 course meal will set you back around €8, a beer €0.70 and so on.......

I did a search for Jasna on here and its nice to see that quite a few people have been over before, and we had a fair few recommendations too, nice to see :-)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

Just wondering Paul, around what time of the year is the best to go to Jasna? In the sense of freshest snow without too many people on the slopes. And what is the nightlife like (I'm guessing with 70cent pints it can't be too bad)? :D

Hey,

I would say the best time for quiet slopes and soft snow is March. The later in march you go the more you risk the conditions, but for the past 5 seasons it has been by far the best. Also after the 21st March a 6 day pass drops to €78

Night life wise, the town is the place to be in the evenings. Friday and Saturday nights are fantastic as its a living working town and very busy with around 50 bars all over the place, during the week its quieter. there are around 4 nightclubs that stay open till 5am.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

WHats the capacity of the hotel?
    Can you accomodate groups of up to 12?
    Regarding the nightlife,its obviously a bit away from the hotel and i see you provide transport to the city centre?
    IS it easy enough to get taxis bak to the hotel?

Looks like a class set up over there

• Advertisement

Hey davmol,

The place holds up to 16 over 5 bedrooms. We have 2 buses to look after people. We also have an out of hours taxi service which you can call or just walk up to the taxi in the town which is 5 euro for the car home.

There is a seassonaires flat at the house as well which holds up to 8 long term renters who are out on the hill all the time!!

Hope that helps :)

Advertisement