Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can I get CE around dublin?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

rang all hmvs and gamestops. any other suggestions/ideas?

cheers, RS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Was in Game(?) in the ilac centre this morning,they had 4 of the ce boxes on display...and a full rack of the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

they had a few in Game dawson street yesterday where I picked a CE up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭romperstomper

all gone. got one on play.com

how much was the CE in a bricks & mortar store?

cheers, RS

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Game in the Ilac centre had 2 CEs this morning for €79.99 however they refused to sell them unless you buy the strategy guide which is €22.99. So €102.98 in total.

Nice to see the recession hasn't had an effect on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Gamestop Henry Street have some.

• Advertisement

gearoidof wrote: »
    Gamestop Henry Street have some.

Yup they have 4 but all are on deposit. They'll be released to the public on Tuesday if the people don't collect by then. Was down there at 4pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll be trying Liffey Valley (HMV/GAME/SMYTHS) tomorrow, 1 of them better have it or else .........meh, I'll just cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Rael wrote: »
    Game in the Ilac centre had 2 CEs this morning for €79.99 however they refused to sell them unless you buy the strategy guide which is €22.99. So €102.98 in total.

Nice to see the recession hasn't had an effect on them.

Wow that is the biggest load of bullsh*t! Trying to get their figures to look good obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Wow that is the biggest load of bullsh*t! Trying to get their figures to look good obviously.

Exactly. They're not supposed to do that at all and if you kick up a fuss they'll sell them to you.

Notorious wrote: »
    Exactly. They're not supposed to do that at all and if you kick up a fuss they'll sell them to you.

I spoke to the manager in Dawson Street on Friday (picked up the regular copy btw). He said that Game had over 700 stores in the UK and Ireland and that no store had received a such direction and Ilac should not have tried to force people to make additional purchases.

As per his advice I've complained to Game head office in the UK. I emailed them on Friday evening so I don't expect a response (if any) until sometime next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I spoke to the manager in Dawson Street on Friday (picked up the regular copy btw). He said that Game had over 700 stores in the UK and Ireland and that no store had received a such direction and Ilac should not have tried to force people to make additional purchases.

As per his advice I've complained to Game head office in the UK. I emailed them on Friday evening so I don't expect a response (if any) until sometime next week.

Too right, hopefully the manager will get a dressing down for turning away business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Fair play man. I hear customers complaining so often, but it's rare that they actually do something about it. I'd say you'll get a response, the folks in head office aren't nearly as bad as some of the store managers!

If such a situation would ever come about again, you'd be well within your rights to buy both the game and the strategy guide and then instantly return the guide. Not only would you get one up on them, but it'd be hilarious.

Notorious wrote: »
    Fair play man. I hear customers complaining so often, but it's rare that they actually do something about it. I'd say you'll get a response, the folks in head office aren't nearly as bad as some of the store managers!

If such a situation would ever come about again, you'd be well within your rights to buy both the game and the strategy guide and then instantly return the guide. Not only would you get one up on them, but it'd be hilarious.

To be honest I was in a situation where I didn't have the time to argue with the assistant. I get about 40 mins for my break and work at the top of Harcourt street so I sprinted down to Ilac and I had to get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hey guys, im going to town today (Clonmel in tipperary), and ill have a look for the collector's edition. If i find it, does anyone want it? i can post it to you.

might save having to look around.

Advertisement