Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't open pdf file

Options
  • 28-07-2010 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi
    The pdf viewer on my desire opens pdfs fine generally but i can't open some pdf files.
    Anyone know a way around this.
    Is there an app out there that will open all pdf files?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Owen101

Why bother. You're not going to be able to read anything anyway on such a small screen. Waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

@owen101 - not a very useful comment, please keep it to yourself. any issues drop me a pm and don't post in this thread again unless you have something useful to say.

@mkennedy - have you tried downloading adobe reader from the market? i think it's different to the inbuild one. it might handle them better for you? i've not had any problems but i've only opened a couple of pdfs. are they large file sizes or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Random wrote: »
    @owen101 - not a very useful comment, please keep it to yourself. any issues drop me a pm and don't post in this thread again unless you have something useful to say.

@mkennedy - have you tried downloading adobe reader from the market? i think it's different to the inbuild one. it might handle them better for you? i've not had any problems but i've only opened a couple of pdfs. are they large file sizes or anything?

Thanks.
    I've tried adobe reader.
    TBH the more i look at it, it could be a problem with the file itself.

FWIW (re. the other post), PDFs are quite easy to read on the Desire.

Advertisement