Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cravat/tie/bib for stroke survivor?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

hi,

My Dad has had a very severe stroke, and is dribbling a little from one side of his mouth when he is lying down. Its actually not as bad as he fears, but at the moment he is constantly trying to keep tissues inside his shirt to avoid getting the shirt wet.

The occupational therapist said she saw a child once that had a type of cravat which almost doubled up as a tissue/absorber. She did not know where or if such an item would be available for an adult.

I dont want something that obviously looks like a bib (am so aware of dignity), but something that would be able to be put inside the neck of a shirt without looking ridiculous - anyone know where I could look, or should I try & make my own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

Check out www.fledglings.org.uk this site is for children, but it might give you an idea of what you are looking for. If you have access to a sewing machine they could be easy enough to make yourself. Hope this helps

Advertisement