Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarders in Westport?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anybody here either is or has seen any skateboarders in Westport? Or indeed any other town as well, Ballina etc..

Im asking as i am one of the people behind the campaign in Castlebar to get a skatepark built here. But i recently heard that Westport are also campaigning for a skatepark, and i did not know there was any skaters in Westport

Thanks, Matthew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Westport town council included it in their plans for next year, supposed to be beside the greenway near the west road I think. No idea if they have funding though, if you contact the councilors such as Margret Adams they will know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gavinwizard

i do rollerblading but i wanna start doing ramps and stuff so i hope they make the one in castlebar soon:D

thers loads of skateborders beside the playgroung in westport cuz i always see them there cuz theres no where else to go

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

oh, thats good to know. do you know any of them personally? and what age are they?

No I dnt know them but they are like 17 I'd say you see them there most saturdays

• Advertisement

how is the castlebar skatepark doing do ye have the money yet and where is it bein made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hi, i'm one of the skaters that skate by the back of the leisure center. Yeah we're 16 and 17 years old. But had sort of grown out of the habit this summer, although we did find out about the construction of the skate park yesterday and were well chuffed. So yeah i'v put the last of my summer wages together and am ordering a new board :)

But yeah, did u have a question?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

cool, im 17 too, most of us that skate in Castlebar are about that age too. Didnt have a question no, i just sorta wanted to get in touch cause i think we should all meet up some day and skate, the more the better like!

Advertisement