Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa Manifesto - Slum Village

Options
  • 28-07-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

My feelings after a couple of listens are that this is pretty mediocre, plus no Black Milk. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is it worth a listen?

You'l have a new Black Milk album soon

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Yeah i picked it up late last night and gave it a quick listen, and i have to say nothing really impressed me. Theres a couple of kinda alright tracks but nothing jumps out at ya. To this day i still remember the first time i listened to Fantastic Vol.2, i got it on vinyl after a mate working in a record shop told me i cudn't consider myself a hip hop dj unless i had it in my collection. He wudn't even let me listen to it in the shop, had to take it or leave it. So i took it, i was already a fan of Dilla cus of his work with Tribe. So i took it home and normally when i buy an album on vinyl i'd normally listen to bout 30 seconds on each track and pick out bout 2 or 3 tracks that i'd play out. But from the minute i put the needle on the record i listen to both sides of the 2 records from start to finish and proceeded to record the album to mini disc to and listened to it ever chance i cud get. I know all that is a bit off topic but that was the impact that album had on me, unfortunitly in years to come i don't think i'll be retelling a similar story bout this album. Slum Village will always be one of my favourite hip hop groups because of those first 2 album but in my opinion they've never sounded as good since. Sure theres been some sick tunes of each of the album since but i don't they ever re-captured that magic that they had in the begining. It think its mainly due to the departure of Dilla, its kinda like Little Brother with out without 9th Wonder.

Advertisement