Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army lookup:Roger robinett

Options
  • 28-07-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Roger Robinett
    born tallow, co. waterford
    served 18th regiment of foot discharged at 37 years of age
    received land grant listed in 1841 liverpool census

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Wjrobin64,

This is more of a general reply to all of your many posts.
    Why are you posting all of these separately?
    The dates that you have the Robinetts at are early for Irish records.
    There may not be any more information to get.
    I suggest you have a read of the sticky at the top of the forum to get an idea of what sort of information is out there. Griffiths Valuation, etc may be helpful but probably all of the Robinetts on it will be on Rubecola's thread.
    You'll probably want the parish registers in the National Library, which are on microfilm, so it's unlikely someone will look them up for you without a specific date in a specific parish.
    I notice some of the records are Waterford - their county library has transcribed all Waterford deaths (1864 onwards, the start of civil registration for deaths), you might get something out of that.
    http://www.waterfordcountylibrary.ie/en/familyhistory/

Pinkypinky

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wjrobin64

one it is posted seperately because I am new and need 25 entries to get more access.

two: the scooter rubecuka is a chap I have known for years.

Ive been doing this for a long time the records are difficult to come by.

thus , posting them may come up in some elses tree or regimntal research.

thanks bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

wjrobin64 wrote: »
    one it is posted seperately because I am new and need 25 entries to get more access.

two: the scooter rubecuka is a chap I have known for years.

Ive been doing this for a long time the records are difficult to come by.

thus , posting them may come up in some elses tree or regimntal research.

thanks bill

It would probably look a lot tidier on one thread and would still come up in an online search. You only have to press "reply" to a thread about the Robinette's to add more info . In my experience all the information is better on one thread as opposed to different threads all over the place :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

wjrobin64 wrote: »

I'm sorry but you need what exactly?

What access are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wjrobin64

Trying to find out where some of these people are from in the kew military listings.
    I have a huge genealogical databse with looseends and full-lines. But, it's always great to be able to connect the dots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement