Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Grand Espace 2003 model 1.9dci

Options
  • 28-07-2010 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Guys

Of late my grand espace has started to loose power while shifting through the gears. I seem to be able to maintain speed in 5th gear but go into 6th and theres a loss in power.

It can happen in different gears. The car is diesel and hasn't given me any trouble since getting it last year. I do get what looks like a little red indicator light popping up at times 9 looks like the image of a little heart monitor) manual says it related to electonic fault/water in the deisel/filter?

can anyone shed some light.
    regards

andy:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Thats the injection fault light if I'm not mistaken... Your best bet is have Renault plug it in and read any faults. Also, if its high mileage I'd suggest having the engine properly flushed as I've seen them build up oil sludge in the turbo feed pipes which leads to ultimate engine failure.... Its a fairly stressed engine for the size of the vehicle....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fed16

[/QUOTE].... Also, if its high mileage I'd suggest having the engine properly flushed as I've seen them build up oil sludge in the turbo feed pipes which leads to ultimate engine failure.... Its a fairly stressed engine for the size of the vehicle....[/QUOTE]

I have a 03 Laguna 1.9DCi...only had the oil changed recently after about 25k miles. I take it that you would recommend flushing this also?? How much does this cost? Could I do it myself? If so, how?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

its just an oil change really with a bottle of engine flush poured in half hr before. not expensive and easy to do. dont attempt it tho if you are unsure what your doing

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

its just an oil change really with a bottle of engine flush poured in half hr before. not expensive and easy to do. dont attempt it tho if you are unsure what your doing

Exactly ! Also 25k miles is very long between oil changes !!! Make sure and use good quality synthetic oil, inferiror mineral stuff will only worsen the problem !

Is that a Marlin or a CZ HMR ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Is that a Marlin or a CZ HMR ?
    Marlin 917v! was gonna go for the VRS but it has a shiney stainless barrel and looks more expensive:D(the woman would go mad if she knew how much these things cost) went for the heavy varment barrel in black with timber stock so she none the wiser;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement