Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY MINI DV ISSUE - SAVE MY SANITY SOMEBODY!!!

Options
  • 28-07-2010 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Guys

Andy here. I have a Sony mini dv cam DCR-HC19E. I cant get it to sync with XP windows via mini usb lead.

I need to get the tapes copied off to my pc so i can save them to disc.
    I have downloaded the drivers from the sony website for this model but still not recognised by windows when connected and camera is switched on.
    Camera's usb option in the menu is also ON.

Any cheap suggestions/solutions would be much appreciated

A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Hi Guys

Andy here. I have a Sony mini dv cam DCR-HC19E. I cant get it to sync with XP windows via mini usb lead.

I have downloaded the drivers from the sony website for this model but still not recognised by windows when connected and camera is switched on.

A

I may be wrong, but I think the USB port is for capturing stills only. You will need to connect to the firewire port to capture DV. Hope that helps. One bit of advice. Don't 'hotswap' the camera. Make sure it's powered down when you're connecting/disconnecting it.

Edit:

Just checked. You will need firewire:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-55/sony_handycam_dcr-hc19e_missing_cd-rom-820840/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LukeChadwick

Hi Guys

A

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VRDMC5-DVDirect-DVD-Recorder/dp/B000SML2BQ

Had same problem, firewire was killing the laptop, this saved my sanity

Advertisement