Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

franchise set up ( spar/centra etc)

Options
  • 28-07-2010 6:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I`m interested in looking at getting involved with one of the retail franchises,
    preferably a centra or spar. I know that bwg/ newhill can rent/lease stores for a % of turnover , not sure about musgraves.
    I am currently working in tesco i`m a line manager there 3 years so know the basics fine (margins, rotation, waste budgets, wages, shrink, etc etc,), I also understand the costs involved such as esb, insurance and so on. I would be doing this with a partner who also works in retail, he has been a store manager in tesco , supervalue+centra,

Now where i need advice/tips is in specifics, how much would you need to have to approach them, would you need a site , i would like to know as much as i can before approaching anybody, if any one on here has done this any tips would be appreciated.

( P.S. I know there is a high failure rate in this but with our experience and work ethic i think we can make a good go of it, i routinely put in 60+ hours a week, most of it for free i what to put that kind of time and effort into my own buisness)

Advertisement