Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which kayak for fun at seaside?????

Options
  • 28-07-2010 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a kayak for recreational use in the sea, but i have no idea which one to choose as there are some many. i like the look of the "Bic Ouassou" but have no knowledge if this is suitable.

I would want something to fulfill the following criteria :

- not too expensive €300 ish ( including paddle, seats etc)
    - maybe to accomodate small child and adult
    - seaside use, ok on small waves
    - sit-on (i think is my preference!)

Also need advice on a suitable wetsuit for kayaking and swimming.

Thanks........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

A sit on top kayak is definately the way to go for what you are looking for.

The bic kayak you looked at is suitable, although you may be able to get some cheaper ones. If you could get a second hand or ex demo kayak, it will fit better into your budget.

There are 2 man sit on top kayaks which would be better for trying to fit a child and adult on to - whil you might fit a child on a single one now, you probably wont once the child gets a little bigger.

For kayaking, a sleevless wetsuit is often best as it does not restrict arm movement like other wetsuits. however you may also have to invest in a light rash vest or something similar for the top of your body, as the exposed arms can get quite cold! Peak Uk do nice long john / sleeveless wetsuits, http://www.peakuk.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rookie76

Thanks. Will check it out. Sleeveless wetsuit makes sense. Thanks for advice............

Advertisement