Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T.O. signs with the Bengals.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,534 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its one of those that could work out but you just don't know for sure.

The $2 million in incentives certainly will give him every reason to work hard and be at his very best. Crazy team though, lot of dodgy characters on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

about bloody time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

The Bengals.

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Should be interesting with Ocho Cinco and him as the Wide Receivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

In one way, Im happy. Im a big TO fan.

On the other hand, I wanted to see Jordan Shipley get some playing time and this will diminish his chances somewhat.

Pacman and TO in the same offseason? That cant be good, there seemed to be an animosity between them at Dallas that showed up on Hard Knocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Also, surely this confirms that signing Bryant was a HUGE mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Going to see the season opener between the Pats and Bengals, slightly nervous to see how the young 2ndry will hold up against their WRs especially if there is no pass rush on Palmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hazys wrote: »
    Going to see the season opener between the Pats and Bengals, slightly nervous to see how the young 2ndry will hold up against their WRs especially if there is no pass rush on Palmer

Be there for that one meself and also nervous to see it. Hopefully TO is as ineffective as he was with the Bills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Bryant, Ochocinco, T.O, this could be a big letdown, or it could really work, at least for next year. If Ced Benson keeps his form they could be a really dangerous team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Archimedes wrote: »
    In one way, Im happy. Im a big TO fan.

On the other hand, I wanted to see Jordan Shipley get some playing time and this will diminish his chances somewhat.

I agree, am a fan of Shipley and was hoping to see him do well.

This pairing of T.O. and Chad Johnson could be massive and set the league alight. If it works it'll give Palmer a huge boost which I think he deserves. Or something tells me it'll be a mediocre pairing or it'll be disasterous.

EDIT: Just spotted this on Adam Schefter's Twitter, not sure if in article.
    T.O.'s incentives: 60 catches - 333k; 100 catches - 333k; 900 yds - 333k; 1300 yds - 333k; 10 td's - 333k; 14 td's - 333k. Total $2 mil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Giving TO an incentives based contract! Like the guy doesn't want the ball enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

themont85 wrote: »
    Giving TO an incentives based contract! Like the guy doesn't want the ball enough already.

This'll give him the incentive to demand it more so.

/gets coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

TO is a handful at the best of times when he's not being thrown to, jesus could you imagine what he'll be like when a large portion of his income is incentive based.

(Personally, I can't wait... :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

They really did Hard Knocks on the Bengals a year too soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ah I watched Hard Knocks when TO was with the Cowboys and he was the star of that training camp, excelling at everything
    Yes, I realize it's edited so we see what the producers and editors want us to see.

I hope he does well though
    Though not against Division rivals the Ravens :cool:

Advertisement