Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Italia Card

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

Ok so not too sure on the whole legality of this but I have a friend who's based in Italy and I've asked him to looking into getting Sky.
    He'd get multiroom and send me one of the boxes and cards.
    We'd split the price.

Ok so ignoring the whole multiroom legality issue. Would there be any other problems?

Will the card receive updates to entitlements? If I use my DM800 will I be able to clear channels and receive updates?

Any ideas? Surely someone has Sky Italia. Fantastic package just very high price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

If both boxes aren't connected to the Italian phone line then you will either end up with both cards being disabled or being charged full price on both.
    Yes, you could use your card in a DM800 providing you have the correct cam installed, oscam I believe.
    And yes, I have Sky Italia!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

if ye are going to pay for multi room why not take the receiver ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

glic83 wrote: »
    if ye are going to pay for multi room why not take the receiver ?

Just easier as I already have my dreambox setup the way I like. I prefer it to my Sky HD box.
    Alos not too sure If I'd be comfortable using a Sky box with Italian language! :p

s.welstead wrote: »
    Just easier as I already have my dreambox setup the way I like. I prefer it to my Sky HD box.
    Alos not too sure If I'd be comfortable using a Sky box with Italian language! :p

Italian box also does english bud!

denis1501 wrote: »
    If both boxes aren't connected to the Italian phone line then you will either end up with both cards being disabled or being charged full price on both.
    Yes, you could use your card in a DM800 providing you have the correct cam installed, oscam I believe.
    And yes, I have Sky Italia!

Is that a definite? Like they say that with the Sky Ireland boxes but I have multiroom and don't have those connected to phone lines.

Did you pay up front for a card/box or have some relatives in Italy? What price?

Must start looking up info on Oscam. Presume it's available to download from Nabilosat add-ons.

• Advertisement

Is that a definite? Like they say that with the Sky Ireland boxes but I have multiroom and don't have those connected to phone lines.

Did you pay up front for a card/box or have some relatives in Italy? What price?

Must start looking up info on Oscam. Presume it's available to download from Nabilosat add-ons.

I'm 100% sure, I live in Italy and I know it's in their terms and conditions.
    How long have you been getting away with your Multiroom set-up not being connected??
    Pay monthly by c.c, around 50 euros.

I'm 100% sure, I live in Italy and I know it's in their terms and conditions.
    How long have you been getting away with your Multiroom set-up not being connected??
    Pay monthly by c.c, around 50 euros.

Ha just noticed your location! It's been about 11 months now so once it goes past my 12 month contract then there's no way I'm hooking the phoneline up.

Well I could live with paying the full sub price if they insist. So is it €50 for full package, Calcio, Cinema, HD etc.?

I have 3 mixes + Sport + Calcio + HD

• Registered Users Posts: 28 skinny6781

Hi

Can any off you tell me what games sky italia is showing this year (english premiership games)
    eg are they showing 3pm games as this is what i need ,
    also is it english commentry on all games i be told it is on about 90% off games but want to make sure as the cards are very high at €1000+

Thanks

p.s has anyone a link to tv guide off the sky italia football for the english premership

3pm games, yes.
    Last year there was english audio on most games but not all, 90% sounds about right., I have no reason to believe that this year will be any different.
    Will try to find you that link!

• Advertisement

yea if you could that would be great ,
    just trying to get something sorted here at the min and not sure what card is the best to get , i see sky germany got a lot off games listed allready but was talking to a few off them company`s that sells them and they said not all games are in english , and sky ilalia is the way to go,

any info on what is the best way to go is welcome .
    tho i need a good system in and one that will work all the time .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

All sky germanys matches last year were in english same as nova port on 23east. Sky Italy is very hit and miss with the commentary but they show them in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

tomslick wrote: »
    All sky germanys matches last year were in english same as nova port on 23east. Sky Italy is very hit and miss with the commentary but they show them in HD.

How are you getting Nova sport on 23.5 east? Ive looked into it many a time, is it via a czech link card?

tomslick wrote: »
    Sky Italy is very hit and miss with the commentary but they show them in HD.

All the premier league games that I watched on Sky Sport Italia last season had english commentary so I'm not sure what you mean by 'very hit and miss''. Also only the games broadcast by Sky UK/ESPN in HD are shown in HD over here, 3pm kick-offs for example are SD only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I read that the 3pm's are going to be in high definition this year.

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Interesting, didn't know that!
    Have you got a link Minstrel??

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Maybe the likes of MOTD will be on BBC HD this year so they'll have their HD broadcast teams at some of the bigger 3pm games???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Interesting, didn't know that!
    Have you got a link Minstrel??

I read it in a newspaper so no link sadly.

Also Sky will be broadcasting Football First in HD this season. Games on the interactive streams will almost certainly still be in Standard Definition. But if my memory serves me correctly the main game for each hour changes so all games will be available in HD.

http://data.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/wtv.php?week=363&chan=SPG2#

The BBC also announced that they have plans for MOTD in HD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/05_may/28/hd.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Maybe the likes of MOTD will be on BBC HD this year so they'll have their HD broadcast teams at some of the bigger 3pm games???

BBC are launching BBC1 HD in October, a HD broadcast of BBC1. i'm sure I read that MOTD will be in HD from then.

Hi i just got sky italia , can the sky setting on this box be changed to english from italian ?

also sky remote is not working , the light coming on but it not changing the channels

any one any idea ??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

skinny6781 wrote: »
    Hi i just got sky italia , can the sky setting on this box be changed to english from italian ?

also sky remote is not working , the light coming on but it not changing the channels

any one any idea ??

Thanks

Apparently this should work it.....

Note1:
    this procedures will only work if the channels or the program you are watching is being broadcast with dual or multi-audio.
    Some programs are only broadcast in single audio channel (Italian only) and this procedure will not work.
    So if you follow the instructions and still get Italian audio only, it means Dual audio is not available and not much you can do.

To get English audio on a certain SKY Italia program or channel:

While watching the program, game, show...

On your remote control PRESS the i button (Information button) found next to the mute button
    Now you see some more information on screen and the option:

Lingua audio: ITALIANO (change this to ORIGINALE or INGLESE)

Using the UP and DOWN buttons on your remote (found around the centre OK button)

See attachments for more info.

Note 2: If your audio is already selected as INGLESE and you still get no English commentary, that means no English commentary at that time is available or it the broadcast is in Italian only and the info feed has not been updated.

Advertisement