Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble playing burnt dvd on dvd player- help!

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey there, Recently I bought a sony camcorder and made some home movies. I transferred them onto TDK DVD -R and finalised the disc. However the disc wont play on my dvd player which has -R on the front which I understood meant it was compatible? Havent a clue what to do now - any advice gratefully received!! Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

what format dose the sony record in,
    what software did you use to burn the dvd,
    will the disk play on a pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 grettaof

The software is PMB. Would the format be MPEG- all a bit new to me?? And no it wont play on the PC either.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

mouse over the file and note what the file format is.

You could try 'ConvertXtoDvd' :

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

grettaof wrote: »
    The software is PMB. Would the format be MPEG- all a bit new to me?? And no it wont play on the PC either.........
    Never heard of PMB,mpeg is a compression format,to get this to dvd format you will need to convert it,convertx to dvd has been mentioned its very good,the software that came with the camera should be able to make a dvd with the video from the camera.I am presuming that you are using a windows pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 grettaof

That's great- thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement