Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anti theft system on rover 400

Options
  • 27-07-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

sorry if this is in the wrong place,mods feel free to move it if it is.can anybody tell me where the masterswitch reset button is on a rover 400(1999)?.you would be be doing me a big favour if anyone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing on a rover 400. The way around the alarm is to reset it by turning the key in the drivers door lock, locking and unlocking it a set amount of times each way according to what it says on the security card in the owners manual.
    Done this on my sisters car sometime ago and it solved the problem.
    What exactly is the problem with your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

dirtydiesel is correct.
    Check out HonestJohn's forum archives, the subject has been covered and recovered for years.
    If you need to access the control box for re-pairing to the keys, it is located behind the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing on a rover 400. The way around the alarm is to reset it by turning the key in the drivers door lock, locking and unlocking it a set amount of times each way according to what it says on the security card in the owners manual.
    Done this on my sisters car sometime ago and it solved the problem.
    What exactly is the problem with your car?
    this car belongs to a friend of mine and whilst driving on saterday the car just cut out,the AA were rang and the guy said the fuel pump was shot so this was replaced but that made no difference.he was speaking to a mate of his who told him about this reset button that the rover apperently has.i dont know if this is anything to do but when you try to lock the car now with the key it unlocks again within a second or so.thanks again for your help.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID003463 Maybe its this switch you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID003463 Maybe its this switch you want.
    thanks he got it sorted out today,switch had triped out apparently,

• Advertisement

If it was security system related the alarm light in the instrument clustur would illuminate when the key is turned in the ignition.

the bolt wrote: »
    thanks he got it sorted out today,switch had triped out apparently,
    Good stuff, I would get a report from the garage that fixed it and send it to the AA asking why their mechanic said it was the fuel pump and demand a refund for cost of replacing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'd get rid of the alarm system, it being a 99 Rover should be anti-theft enough. :D

Why get rid of it, if the EKA code is available all you have to do is to disable the system, it won't reactivate unless the fob is used or the battery is disconnected. No central locking than either though. Also from what the OP had posted it would seem not be be alarm related at all. The AA dude must have been a right f***tard, which is not usual.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Why get rid of it, if the EKA code is available all you have to do is to disable the system, it won't reactivate unless the fob is used or the battery is disconnected. No central locking than either though. Also from what the OP had posted it would seem not be be alarm related at all. The AA dude must have been a right f***tard, which is not usual.
    Many moons ago I drove a recovery truck in London for a company who contracted for the AA, Rac, Greenflag and insurance companies, my job was to collect broken down cars after a roadside mechanic had been to it and couldnt fix it, I am not a mechanic but ive learnt alot over the years. What alot of these roadside mechanics would write on the form is suspect fuel pump or suspect starter motor, they always wrote suspect before the fault and quite often were totally wrong. On many occasions I got cars running again instead of recovering them so ive no faith in any of the major recovery companys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement