Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish gas masks

Options
  • 27-07-2010 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

I have 2 irish WW2 gas masks still in boxes stamped 1941 and 1938, think there is instructions with one.

One is a little melted at the side as it was laying on a hot pipe, the other is perfect.

They are from an attic in whitehall, the old part (beaumont road side)

Is there any value to these as collectables or antiques?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

CCCP wrote: »
    I have 2 irish WW2 gas masks still in boxes stamped 1941 and 1938, think there is instructions with one.

One is a little melted at the side as it was laying on a hot pipe, the other is perfect.

They are from an attic in whitehall, the old part (beaumont road side)

Is there any value to these as collectables or antiques?

Not really as these were made in huge numbers,I have one that was also found in an attic and looks like new inside the box.These can still be easliy picked up at many mlitaria fairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭CCCP

arnhem44 wrote: »
    Not really as these were made in huge numbers,I have one that was also found in an attic and looks like new inside the box.These can still be easliy picked up at many mlitaria fairs.

Thanks for the info, I guess Ill hold on to them and pass them down through the family, maybe someone in a 100 years or so can make something from them ;)

Advertisement