Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best laptop for €500-600?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Okay guys I have a friend who intends to buy a laptop for herself and should be able to multi-task well and she would be.....

"Going on the internet and facebook... oh i want one thats sturdy, colourfull and has a good battery and a warranty for when i break it."

" €600? 700? preferably cheaper, much
    cheaper! "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Possibly a netbook? If she isnt going to be doing much more then internet browsing, youtube playback, word processing it could well suit her needs.
    They are super light, can be easily carried around in a handbag,battery life can easily reach 6-8hours on these under use and even at top end should cost no more than €400. Asus EEE range offers two year warrenties if i recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

dazzday wrote: »
    Possibly a netbook? If she isnt going to be doing much more then internet browsing, youtube playback, word processing it could well suit her needs.
    They are super light, can be easily carried around in a handbag,battery life can easily reach 6-8hours on these under use and even at top end should cost no more than €400. Asus EEE range offers two year warrenties if i recall correctly.

Emm... I forgot to mention she hates netbooks, they are too small for her. Sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Buy a second hand Lenovo! I used Hp for years and they always stalled or overheated. The lenovo is a beast and bounced more times off the floor than I care to remember!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

http://search.laptopsdirect.co.uk/nav/condition/new/178/02/187/03/187/04/type/laptops/0

Will give you plenty of options for 11-14inch long battery portable laptops from €400-€1000. Spoilt for choice!

My advice is pick a few and google reviews and any associated problems etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement