Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding boots XXL who does them?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks ,question for you.
    A friend of mine who has taken to the horse riding world,and is computorless.Is looking for a pair of long riding boots.But his problem is his calf size is somthing like 450mm circumference![Comes from all the bodybuilding].Is there any boot company out there that does somthing in that size XXLS.Aigle isnt big enough,and many of the companies he has tried all say that is about the max in size.Any suggestions?
    TIA
    Grizzly.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Haven't a clue about boot sizes for legs, but what I normally do is go in and just try on lots of boots until I find one that fits. My calf muscles are quite big for the size of my ankle and foot, so I've actually resorted to buying jodhpur boos and half chaps as it's much easier to find something that comfortably fits both leg and foot/ankle.

The other option is to go to the RDS on one of the days and go to one of the companies that make boots and chat to them and see if they have anything to fit. There's one Italian company that is fantastic and literally has thousands of pairs of leather riding boots with hundres of different fittings. Can't remember their name off the top of my head, but I bought a pair of boots there years ago, and my mum bought another pair recently and they're quite reasonable (esp. compared to what one pays here).

If your friend can't find anything that fits, he may have to look at having a pair of boots custom made, but I'd definitely look at the jodhpur boot/half chaps route before considering the custom made boot route.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

Give your friend my sympathy, I've got size 10 feet and a cross country runners calfs! Oh, and finding 5 1/2" stirrups (which you need for big feet) is a nightmare :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Horsemania

Tuffa do the Norfolk boot with leg widths from 15" to 19" cause it has a stretch panel at the back, hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mack2

hi, i used to have fairly slim calves when i was a toddler!!! went back riding 2 yrs ago and thought i could slip back into my leather boots - yeah right!!! trawled all the equestrian shops and attempted to try on loads......ended up almost getting a pair of jodphur boots and gaiters but then tried ebay and got a fab leather pair on it with an elastic insert that expands as you zip up the zip for under €100 inc postage - for the life of me i cant remember the shop but if you go searching i know they are still on it and i can vouch for the quality - 2 yrs down and very comfy and still working well!!! Best of luck

Advertisement