Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor customer care issue

Options
  • 27-07-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hello,

At the end of June I signed up for meteor bill pay smart (€30) which is advertised as having 200 calls 200 texts 1GB mobile data and free calls and texts to meteor.

I was a long serving meteor pay n go customer but since getting an iPhone undecided I may as well get a data bundle and as this was only ten euro more than the usual 20€ a month I was spending on credit this seemed like a no brained

As I was an existing customer I was required to call to a branch to set up the plan. No problems I work beside one.

Before I set up the plan I confirmed the features with the staff member incl the free calls and texts aspect. She advised me that it was only available from the 1st of July. Which was no problem I was happy to wait til then for that feature to kick in. She said she would just clarify that I could get that feature with her manager, she went away for awhile then came back and adv that it would be no problem.

Fast forward 3 weeks while contacting meteor re a different issue I am adv that not only do i not have free calls and texts but I am not entitled to it and the staff in customer care can't add it on. They advise me that I would have to contact the branch and get them to sort it out. Which is silly considering I'd imagine they work of the same system.

So I contact the branch last Thursday and give them the story and they adv that is no problem they'll get it done. I then contact customer care on Friday evening to see if the change has bee made. It had not. But working in customer service I understand that these things can take anywhere from 4 hours to 48 to be carried out.

I give customer care a call on Monday evening to confirm that the change has been made. No dice. So I contact the branch ask for the same guy again and he advises me that he'll request it again and it should be sorted in 4 hours.

I contact customer care today and they adv that this has not been done and that it costs and extra 10€ to get the feature. As it is only advertised to new customers to meteor. Which is irrelevant as the staff emeber at the point of sale adv me of this but adv that she would see that I get the free calls n texts and that I have subsequently been told twice that it would be added on.

I go to lodge a complaint in the forum and I see that the exact same thing happened to one or two others and has not Been resolved for many months

Any advice or experience in this regard? In an strongly considering cancelling the plan and reverting to pay n go or leaving meteor altogether.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

See some info on this plan here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055910134

The plan is available with the Data online only if I remember rightly and you have to be coming from a different network to avail of it.

Otherwise you can get the same plan in-store. You're gripe is definitely with the staff member who told you otherwise. See a Meteor worker here for some info:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65907308&postcount=28

I'm on the plan and it's great, couldn't recommend it enough if you can sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

From what I remember of the plan you could only avail of it if you were porting over from a different network. But saying that I seen a sign on my meteor shop saying that it was available to all meteor customers in the shop only which is what you done. I suggest looking for the contract or whatever you signed and see if it is on that. It is the only way to be certain. You should ring up customer care and tell them you have it and you will email them a copy, at the end of the day you shouldn't have to but you will get it sorted out this way. I didn't think meteor customer care was this bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Maybe contact with customer care and have them agree to cancel the contract since it can't be done so that you can move to a different network, port the number out and then give it a month to port back to meteor (from another network to quality). I'm guessing that's work.

Strange thing is I work for a different network, and as far back as I can remember the porting offers always inclueded in a customer ported from prepay to postpay.

Advertisement