Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Horse show event

Options
  • 27-07-2010 3:25pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what would be your favourite event from the RDS Horse show, for me I really enjoyed the Racehorse to Riding Horse and the Puissance and anything with a Connemara too.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I like the Puissance, too, and I really enjoy the hunter classes, esp. the lightweight classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Loose jumping or anything with Draughts in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Puissance! And the Sunday sales ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

The Puissance, definitely!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

One other thing I like is the six bar competition, Peter Charles was epic in it last year. Just before the last round he got off his horse and loosened the girth and walked him round in hand, got back up on him and won the competition

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Aga Khan, since I was a small child.The side-saddle class always captured my imagination. Hunt chase and pony club games are always good craic.Love to see the native breeds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Aga Khan is still the thing for me. Started in 74 when I was allowed go to my Grans in Dublin for the week and go on my own. Getting my spot on the rail at 12 o'clock and not moving until it was over.
    The 70's 3 in a row are still the Sporting Moments of my life.
    The build up involved the Hunter Championships and the Prize Winners parade and so I developed a gra for the Hunter classes as I always reckoned it might be the best way for me to get to ride in the main ring:D

Though still to this day i will always spend time watching the riders in the Warm up. Over the years more work is now done in Simmonscourt but in my youth they did everthing in the Main grounds and you could sit and watch the worlds best all day everyday. Was lucky enough I was working to have tack room where the bar is now and I could sit and clean tack while studing the best the world had to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭granturismo

Good weather and a day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I must give a look at one of the Monty Roberts exhibitions this year. they were looking for a few awkward horses for him.

Advertisement