Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I play SC 2 on a 500e laptop

• 27-07-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi guys, im in the market for a new laptop and you like to play SC2, never played the first one.

Is there any reasonably priced laptops I could play on or do I need to fork over e1k?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

honestly, i play it on my laptop and it works wonders. its a dell xps m1710.

i tried to sell it about 2 weeks ago for 500 quid, but didnt get any decent offer's, so you will easily pick up a decent laptop that will run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

For 500 euros second hand you could pick up an XPS or similar gaming laptop which could handle it on medium or low settings

500 euros new? would be difficult, laptops are just not really designed for gaming and yeah you'd have to be hitting the 1000+ euro mark really

Also, if you find a nice second hand laptop, please post its specs here to check if it will run it, you can have all the most amazing quad power processor in the world, but the game, any modern game, needs a decent graphics card to run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

as a quick rule of thumb could you state which graphics card will run at least medium res. ill keep an eye out for a xps.

id be getting at least 3-4gb of ram anyway so wouldnt the processor have to be good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I'm using a Studio 15 from Dell on high settings and it's just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

If you don't mind running the game on the absolute lowest settings, then you can pick up one actually

Any recent processor and 2gigs of ram will be fine, as long as the laptop has some type of non-onboard graphics.. what I mean is a specific card from nvidia or ATI

For instance I have a core2duo laptop with a 512mb ATI card in it, it'll play games, even SC2 but on pretty low settings and I can't really play any 3v3's on it, too much slowdown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement