Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cant Activate Sc2 Authentication code ?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having this issue on the battle net account management i cant add my code it keeps giving me an error message

The following problems have occurred:
    The authentication key you entered cannot be claimed. Please try again

I tried code with and without the - , i have tried everything i from changing the R's to A#s they look very similar in the code and nothing is working but the gues pass code's work fine ! well woopie for that.

Ive emailed the customer support. I cant even access the starcraft forum because i cant activate the code and set up a forum character :mad: so annoyed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I think there was a misprint and the A's and H's got mixed?

Not sure - try it anyway, think I read it somewhere that it fixed it for someone.

I'm having the 'your battle.net account does not include an associated copy of starcraft II'. Well you know what blizzard? It feckin does.. rage.

Fixed - changing email / password on b.net account seems to work.

Stupid poxy battle.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Shzm wrote: »
    I think there was a misprint and the A's and H's got mixed?

Not sure - try it anyway, think I read it somewhere that it fixed it for someone.

I'm having the 'your battle.net account does not include an associated copy of starcraft II'. Well you know what blizzard? It feckin does.. rage.

ow my god that worked ive been here flipping out, I am your bigist fan now in the world

Grand. That's 1 more to the list.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Seems like there are some glitches coming up with the release. Here are some bugs

Issue:
    Error Message: „The Battle.net Account does not include an associated copy of Starcraft 2.” after registration of the CD-Key.

Solution:
    Please change the password at the battle.net website. Make sure you use the correct game client EU game client for the EU StarCraft II Account or US/US.

There is also some problems with getting quick matches were 1v1 and 2v2 are having problems. This is due to battle.net and a Blue poster(blizzard employee) have acknowledged and said a hot fix is being implemented/already done .

There is a graphics bug in were you try and log out/exit the game, all buttons disseaper however the starcraft background stays. Another blue poster stated a hot fix patch will come out to fix it.

Only way to fix this is to alt tab, or ctrl+alt+del

A Major issue(for some gamers that is) if you use a USB headset.. your FPS will suffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, I'm getting the "can't find associated copy" message even though my settings are all correct (EU/EU) and my battle.net account shows an active copy of starcraft 2.

I hate all these online authentication systems, I've paid money for a game I can't play now.

Tried changing password, no joy!

Change your email address like I posted above. Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

No joy. I've been changing email address, passwords, regions, etc.

Looks like the collectors edition has been a good investment, the CD/DVD/Artbook should keep me occupied until I can eventually play the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

No you have to change your address(House) and you should gett an email saying account updated

Change everything you possibly can till it works.

It's such a ****e system tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Change everything you possibly can till it works.

It's such a ****e system tbh.

Did you get it working?
    Zip and phone number has to be empty :)
    And did you get any email saying you account has been updated?

Fixed - changing email / password on b.net account seems to work.

Stupid poxy battle.net.
    RealistSpy wrote: »
    Did you get it working?
    Zip and phone number has to be empty :)
    And did you get any email saying you account has been updated?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i was getting the not authenticating thing and eventually getting after changing my email and password several times
    pain in the bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

im having real trouble with this too :(

iv reset my password and email address a few times and changed my address details and country, i even created a new account but still getting the same error!

restarted ya comp?

yup, I was trying my on my pc and home lastnight and now my pc in work :S

I read the SC2 forum suggestions but their not working for me.....

Did you download the installer or use dvd?

Yeah I got the installer and ran it, installed no probs.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I've experienced issues with the downloader but it worked out in the end. I'd say these issues will be cleared out by friday so don't worry.

Cheers yeah its just a bit annoying, I wasted my lunchbreak trying to get it to work ! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,631 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I got the cannot be claimed error on my collectors edition - I was ****ting a brick because i got it at the midnight launch and I felt like those would have all been reserved/claimed - thinking that I bought someone's reserved copy :p

But no, I just mistook a B for an 8.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah I got the installer and ran it, installed no probs.

You probly know this, but make sure it's the EU installer you're using and not the US one.

Yeah im pretty sure I have the right one, " SC2-WingsOfLiberty-enGB-Installer "
    ah im gonna buy it tomorrow i think so i'll just wait till then, hopefully I wont have trouble with the retail copy... :eek:

Advertisement