Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Fiasco

Options
  • 27-07-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭

Hi,

just got a grant refusal email from the Cork City V.E.C basically saying that I am being refused on the basis that my postgraduate course is 6 months long and under a year. I am doing a master and as part of the masters I must work within a firm and write a thesis on that firm. I must also work as an employee withing the firm. The problem is my placement is unpaid,4 days a week,Monday to thursday 8.30 to 5 unpaid in an accountancy firm and now I have also been told that im liable for the 2500 fees. What an absolute joke of the highest order. I have to do the placement from June til December and then presentations all the way up to the end of Feburary and then hand in my thesis. I am also registered as a student up until 31/12/11. How in gods name can this be considered part time? Im probably going to have to drop out of college now as my mother is unable to provide any financial support. If im forced to leave this country I swear to god I will never return. Rant over!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

im not an expert but if I where you I would email them and explain the whole thing saying that this course is going for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

i did and im getting the letter from the college friday. the tone of the letter tho feels as if they have their heart set on not giving it which i cant understand since they gave it to a guy in the course last year. see the main problem is its a new course and not well established.

Advertisement