Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrap or sell - 1.4 honda civic

Options
  • 27-07-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I was using a 1.4 5 door honda civic automatic as a second car (its a 99) It was involved in a collision. As far as I can see the only damage is to the right wing and headlight, which need replacing. The engine light is coming on and its not starting. Mechanic who towed reckoned it wouldn't be hard to get going again, probably a sensor or such.

Its taking up space in the drive I don't really need it.

1. Would it be worth trying to sell (live in the country not too keen on having people call to the house). Obviously wouldn't be looking for a whole lot for it.

2. Would a scrap yard buy it for parts or would the best I could hope for be for them to tow it away for free (there are two nearby).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Every things worth something stick it up on adverts.ie
    €300 should get it off your driveway.

Some scrapyards charge for collecting cars, worth checking out.

Advertisement