Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage for work on Honda

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody can recommend a garage that would be able to replace a bushel/bushes (not sure of pronunciation) on the front passenger wheel of a Honda.

According to Honda's Irish website, they do not have an official dealer in Limerick so I am hoping that there are other garages who can do the work.

I spoke to a garage owner I know (not from Limerick) who said it might be necessary to get the parts from a main dealer but he wasn't 100% on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ring Windmill Motors and ask for a no obligation quote.

- They have a good reputation.

Although personally I chose not to return to them after my initial examination and quote as the Guy with the Midlands accent was obnoxious, short with me without reason and generally toyed with my Headbutt reflex :)

But thats just me - You might get on fantastically with them all!!!

Don't bother with a Main Honda Dealer as you will be robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,604 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Raiser wrote: »
    Ring Windmill Motors and ask for a no obligation quote.

- They have a good reputation.

Although personally I chose not to return to them after my initial examination and quote as the Guy with the Midlands accent was obnoxious, short with me without reason and generally toyed with my Headbutt reflex :)

But thats just me - You might get on fantastically with them all!!!

Don't bother with a Main Honda Dealer as you will be robbed.

+1 on windmill motors!
    I've been using them years(since they were on the Dublin rd) and always top work and good value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Try John Maloney on the Ballysimon Rd. was previously the Honda main dealer for Limerick so knows the cars well and to the best of my knowledge still orders parts direct from Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

knipex wrote: »
    Try John Maloney on the Ballysimon Rd. was previously the Honda main dealer for Limerick so knows the cars well and to the best of my knowledge still orders parts direct from Honda.

He still knows how to charge too.

OP, you don't need to go to a Honda dealer to have a Honda serviced, Hondas are not complicated mechanically so any decent independant mechanic/garage should be able to service it for you. Just make sure the parts/flueds used are within the manufacturer's guidlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

bazz26 wrote: »
    He still knows how to charge too.

OP, you don't need to go to a Honda dealer to have a Honda serviced, Hondas are not complicated mechanically so any decent independant mechanic/garage should be able to service it for you. Just make sure the parts/flueds used are within the manufacturer's guidlines.

He did a clutch and service for me recently on an Accord and his prices were very reasonable. (about 35% cheaper than that quoted by the Honda main dealer at the time.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I have a honda accord and find John Moloneys prices reasonable nowadays. Anthony is the guy in the service parts, he could let you know beforehand the costs etc.

Advertisement