Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lens for Reversing light on CRV

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

Urgently need a new lens for the reversing light on my '98 CRV, current one is cracked & NCT next Wed. Rang around breakers (Southside DL) & parts garages (Ashgrove) & no-one has one/can get one... Peter Deignan (Honda dealer) can get one in but SOMEHOW it's €100!

The light is embedded in the bumper, plastic, small, easy to change, there is NO WAY that €100 is the best price going... All the online parts shops don't seem to do CRV parts before '02

Breakers are saying that it's already broken in 90% of the CRVs they get...

I'm based in Dublin...anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Checking www.partfinder.ie the below breaker has a 2000 CR-V which should be the same as yours afaik.

Economy Auto Parts,
    Unit 1,
    Turvey Business Park,

Donabate,
    Dublin.
    Phone (01) - 8138544
    Phone (01) - 8138588

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Put a line of transparent glue down the crack. As long as it's not letting in water and is the right colour it'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

Thanks, they have it in stock :)

Gonna try the glue tonight but it's a big crack so I may just replace it.

Advertisement