Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307... Again.

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My 307 is giving me bother again. It's a 2002 2.0 HDI. 107,000 miles.

My diesel was getting low yesterday so I stopped at a well known supermarket chain that also sells cheap fuel in the north and put in 10 pounds of fuel. Driving down the road 20 minutes later I noticed the engine got sluggish and wasn't driving as sharp as usual. I put this out of my mind but it didnt go away. Still a little sluggish and not powering up through the gears as it should. I also got a message on the trip computer 'Unblock Diesel Filter' which went away after a while.

Joining the motorway this morning en route to work the power of the car dramatically dropped. Struggling to get through the gears and just about getting over 50mph.

I pulled in to a service station and put in 20 diesel along with a bottle of oil thinking this would help. Managed to get to work after 30 slow minutes on the motorway were I struggled to get over 60/65mph. Starting at junctions requires alot of revs.

I was chatting to a guy in work who knows a fair bit about cars and he was saying it sounds like you need a new diesel filter. Does this sound about right to the gurus on here?

Sorry for the long post. Jesus I hate 307's. That's the 4th month in a row I had one problem or another with the damn thing. Agh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

...I got a message on the trip computer 'Unblock Diesel Filter' which went away after a while...

...I was chatting to a guy in work who knows a fair bit about cars and he was saying it sounds like you need a new diesel filter...

Just a stab in the dark, but could it have anything to do with the diesel filter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

Thanks... Much of a job to replace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Thanks... Much of a job to replace?

Shouldn't be much of a job if anything.
    then again, ya never know these days, car manufacturers don't make things easy to access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

Filter bought. Time to put the Hayes manual to good use. Last time I buy a damn 307.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Filter bought. Time to put the Hayes manual to good use. Last time I buy a damn 307.

Not trying to have a go at you, but aren't filters consumables?

How is it the car's fault that the filter got clogged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

I change the fuel filter in my wifes diesel passat every second service (20k miles).Has yours ever been changed? I would get the car scanned if changing the fuel filter doesn't solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

You 100% sure you didn't put petrol in instead of diesel because those are the exact symptoms that would happen in result of petrol being put into a diesel car ?

I also got a message on the trip computer 'Unblock Diesel Filter' which went away after a while.

and put in 20 diesel along with a bottle of oil thinking this would help. ..........Sorry for the long post. Jesus I hate 307's. That's the 4th month in a row I had one problem or another with the damn thing. Agh!

It would seem to be the diesel filter as suggested by the car. Where did you put the bottle of oil ? Was it low on oil or did you just throw a litre in for the sake of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Hi guys,

I also got a message on the trip computer 'Unblock Diesel Filter' which went away after a while.

This message means your diesel partical filter is blocking....your 307 must be the 110bhp...??

Advertisement