Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting third party to inspect a s/h car

Options
  • 27-07-2010 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Looking for a bit of advice. I'm looking at buying a second hand car, only it's in Waterford, I'm in Galway, and cannot make it down to inspect it myself. I don't know anyone I'd trust down that part of the country, so what's the done thing in cases like this - ask the guy to drop it into a local mechanic to give it the once over, and I get a report from the mechanic over the phone? That's the only thing coming to mind.

It might be a bit of a stupid question, but I can't think of an easier way out of it, apart from asking the guy selling to drive up here for me to kick the tyres!

Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers,
    WP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you really can't travel then find another car - you'd need to be very experienced and a bit lucky to buy a car blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've never used their services myself, but you could check out one of those car check websites (cartell.ie, motorcheck.ie) and look into their full car inspection service. They might be able to arrange a viewing with the seller and let you know the outcome.

Advertisement