Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your Race?

• 27-07-2010 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

So, zerg, terran, protoss?

I usually go random, unless im playing with a m8 or my brother in which case i go with one of our tactics and i select a race.

Lately, ive been playing a lot of zerg as with all the updates, they are getting harder and harder to play as, since terran tend to aniliate them late game.

Whats your race of choice? 30 votes

Zerg
    0% 0 votes
    Protoss
    16% 5 votes
    Terran
    30% 9 votes
    Random!
    53% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

.....ive been playing a lot of zerg as with all the updates, they are getting harder and harder to play as, since terran tend to aniliate them late game.
    You masochist you!!

I love protoss but find terran suits my (defensive) play style more. In SCI I was never good with zerg so will assume the same applies with SCII.

With SCI my group would often enforce a 'random' rule. Was good to upset the normal skill levels. Would like to see similar in a boards.ie tourney. I personally think that random players are better overall. The ability to play 3 races against 3 races is brillant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I was going random in the beta as I wanted to learn more about the races for release, but now that its finally out im going to stay terran as my main race for ladders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Played Protoss pretty much exclusively in the beta, I'd imagine I'll stick with them for the most part. Maybe play a different race in team games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Funky wrote: »
    Played Protoss pretty much exclusively in the beta, I'd imagine I'll stick with them for the most part. Maybe play a different race in team games.

Same here they are like the elf in warcraft 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

i usually played zerg in SCI, the hit and run style just appeals to me, especially when you burrow have ur zerglings, then lure the enemy past then with the other half and sandwich them :) worked a couple of times anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Xios wrote: »
    i usually played zerg in SCI, the hit and run style just appeals to me, especially when you burrow have ur zerglings, then lure the enemy past then with the other half and sandwich them :) worked a couple of times anyway.

that tactic works very well if you use banelings now :p

they just melt units away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

that tactic works very well if you use banelings now :p

they just melt units away :D

I shall look into it later once i get my game up and running =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

terran through the beta, might do a good bit more protoss for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

zerg is my thing in SC1. fascinating race(i think they look pretty:pac:) with the rush build is the coolest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In SC1 I almost exclusively played as Terran so I see no reason to switch :)

Love the units and Flying Buildings really help your survivability. With the new changes if I get wiped I just need to land on an expo and siphon resources to my partner while he ties up the enemy bases with void rays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Coming from a non SC1 background...my experience is as far as a few hours a week with C&C...I've opted to try and master Zerg...Protoss look cool, and Terran remind me too much of C&C...but the pleasure of decimating peeps with Zerg is just too awesome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I wish they had kept the original sounds/noises for zerglings :( I remember painting an army of warhammer Tyranids and all I could think of painting the genestealers and hormogaunts was the little cackles and hisses of the original lings :pac:

Advertisement