Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brussels plans to test drivers on environmental friendliness

Options
  • 27-07-2010 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Learner drivers could fail their driving test if they pose a threat to the planet, under proposals being draw up by the European Commission. Braking suddenly, revving the engine or wasting fuel by being too heavy on the accelerator pedal could prove costly. This is because Brussels wants to include “eco-driving” – cutting carbon emissions at the wheel – in the practical driving test.

Such boll*ology when more fuel than ever is wasted through badly synchronised traffic lights and poor traffic management than any driving habit. Next they will be insisting on fitting remote controlled throttle governors. :rolleyes:

Again I voted NO for a reason. :p

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/7906313/Brussels-plans-to-test-drivers-on-environmental-friendliness.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Telegraph in anti-Brussels shocker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Do you see anything wrong in teaching driver techniques of ecodriving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

CiniO wrote: »
    Do you see anything wrong in teaching driver techniques of ecodriving?

When the youngsters get out on the road and they start driving like mad men/women and their petrol gauges start to plummet, they'll quickly learn how to drive economically!

I don't see any harm in having some brief topics for the theory test whereby they link reading/anticipating the road or excessive accelerating/breaking to economy and how they can improve theirs.

I think it's a waste of time/money trying to teach them anything more than that.
    There are more important things left out of our current driving tests that are of a far higher priority than ecodriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

Ah here, what next! The World is gone PC mad, Bring on 2012, and Nuclear War!:D:D lol hehehehhhee hahahahahaha muhaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I had to answer environmental questions in my theory test in 1983 :D

(Didn't do me any harm)

• Advertisement
Advertisement