Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin laptop repair recommendations

Options
  • 26-07-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if someone could recommend somewhere in Dublin to perform a complete virus scan and removal service and general PC clean for my sister's laptop (Dell). I haven't seen the exact problem myself but she rang the other day and mentioned that a scan had shown up a number of problems, with one worm supposedly targetting credit card details (which she'd just entered online the night before). So she obviously wants a complete scrub - where's reliable?

Normally I'd help her myself but as I use a Mac, virus/security stuff if my weak point :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

I usually do it for people but I don't know anyone in Dublin, but it shouldn't be too hard to find someone. (If all else fails, download Malwarebytes antimalware
    http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

and do a complete scan with it, it's a pretty good scanner ;)

Only reason i replied was to say, please tell her to change all of her passwords (E-mail, Facebook online banking etc.. too many people use the same one for everything...) Especially as she's already used her credit card...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't have any recommendations as I do all stuff like this myself and for mates and family. All I can say it be prepared to pay a crazy amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I know if it comes to it, I can just go to her place and get it done myself.

But if someone knew somewhere, it'd save a bit of pain and give her a bit more peace of mind I'm sure.

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

Computerrepairireland@gmail.com do drop outs to your house. Good prices too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 obrien.cathal

Hi Guys,

I know it's a bit late to this thread but we (TechSmart) do remote and onsite laptop repairs in the Dublin area.

Cheers,
    Cathal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Nice site cathal, any jobs for a fetac level 5 in pc maintenance dublin guy 2 and a half years on the dole?

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 obrien.cathal

Hi Brian,

I don't have anything just right now but may be looking for someone closer to the end of the year. If you want to send me your CV I'll keep you in mind.

Cathal

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Hi Brian,

I don't have anything just right now but may be looking for someone closer to the end of the year. If you want to send me your CV I'll keep you in mind.

Cathal

Excellent cathal, thanks for your reply. Just finishing my level 5 in may. Have the c.v here ready to go. Eager to learn and help where I can. You want to pm me your e.mail address and i'll send it on?

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Hi, If your still looking, I used this crowed for Laptop repair, they are based in Dublin and travel onsite. Price was one of the lowest I could find.

Advertisement