Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

can you tax and insure more than one car cheaply?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

well as the title says is it possible?

Seems to be people on here who own more than one car. Do you have to insure and tax them all individually or can you get a group policy?

Say you want to own a coupe and a family car? The way I think you have to do it is by taxing and insuring both seperatly. Is there any other way?

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Nope not in Ireland. You can get fleet insurnace I think but it must be for like 5 cars :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

coffeenuts wrote: »

Seems to be people on here who own more than one car. Do you have to insure and tax them all individually or can you get a group policy?

Say you want to own a coupe and a family car? The way I think you have to do it is by taxing and insuring both seperatly. Is there any other way?

cheers
    Yes, shop around and you will find an insurance company that will mirror the no claims bonus on your first policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

coffeenuts wrote: »

cheers

This is being discussed on octane.ie right now with some results you might be interested in.

http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=37063

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Whatever about insuring them under a group scheme or other arrangements you definately need to tax both separately if your taking them on the road at the same time. No way around that one.

Advertisement