Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamporovo - is this is a good deal?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

GF birthday coming up, we both have never skied before but I know she'd love to give it a try. Found a deal from Crystal Ski for Pamporovo in Bulgaria, 7 nights half board 4* accom, flights, transfers, lift pass and ski hire all for €534 each...going next jan or march. Hear it's a small resort but excellent for beginners.
    Like to hear if anybody can recommend the resort or have had good/bad experiences using Crystal Ski?
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Spent a week there this year, first time snow boarding and it was great its quite and everyone is friendly, our instructor told us that feb march are the best months there, we where there in march and had lots of fresh snow each day.

It is also cheap as chips out there and the pizzas on the mountain are amazing i think it was between €6-8 for a deadly fresh home made pizza.

Me and my Girlfriend loved it over there, def recommend it especially when you consider how much you get for the money. My advise would be go for the 5 star hotels they are similar to our 3 star and the pools are worth it for a soak after a day on the slopes.

Cheers
    Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leon79

Thanks for the info Paddy. Think the hotel could be a 5*(depends on the website you look at)... it does have a pool anyway so that's good.
    Think it could be a winner anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

pool is great bonus for after skiing! relaxes the muscles...

Went with crystal before, no probs with em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

Bulgaria gets v unrealible snow, I would only go to Bulg when I know what the conditions are like nearer the time.

Food Not great
    Hotels have star rating way above what they really are

On the plus side
    firiendly place and good value and all day instruction

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Propa_Paul

k123456 wrote: »
    Bulgaria gets v unrealible snow

same thing from me. The infrastructure and snowmaking at the resorts is lacking, just hope for a good season!

Price seems pretty good to me though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement