Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red wine advice

Options
  • 26-07-2010 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,

First off I am no wine expert... I don't even consider myself knowledgeable so I'm posting up this to try and educate myself... a little...

So, one red that stands out for me is a French Medoc, really liked any I've tried... can anyone recommend a good bottle and where to get it (nothing too expensive, e20 max) and can anyone recommend any other similar reds (from any country/region)??

It's a slightly vague/open ended question so thanks to anyone that takes the time to offer an opinion or some advice!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 desk1

I would suggest a Cru Bourgeois from the Haut Medoc from a good vintage. Ch. Beaumont is easily available and there will be loads more options in any good wine shop. Decant for an hour or 2 before drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sourgrapes

The Chateau Beaumont is a nice example of a Médoc.

You could also try Chateau Bernadotte currently €15 in O'Briens.

And my third recommendation is Searson's in Monkstown - some really good wines there from Bordeaux, some older ones in a half bottle which are worth trying.

Advertisement