Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Munster Rugby Jersey Launched

Options
  • 26-07-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I wouldnt be that gone on it personally, the training one is ok though.... at least they havn't changed the home shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its terrible!!Training one is nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Like it a lot, class in fact. Good chance I'll pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Meh, it's not too bad.

Where did they pull the colour scheme from though?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Awful, bloody awful. Presume its the away jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Horrible, non-descript, anonymous rag. Not impressed by this or the last jersey (home).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

it looks like its been aimed at the jogging/powerwalking brigade, who can wear it as a reflector garment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I think it looks well, adidas could have made a pigs ear out of it like they did with other jerseys such as the Chelsea away jersey 07-08 which was all luminous yellow with black trim. This one is fine being mostly black with some luminous yellow.

http://worldcupmerchandise.info/07-08-chelsea-away.htm

but whats with the luminous yellow though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Its luminous green actually ;)

its for european sales I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

but whats with the luminous yellow though

I'd would say that is because it is easier to see that white for example. The previous years one was quite similar but with white instead of luminous yellow. Onthose dark foggy winter days it would be easier to find than one that was black with a white patch for example. I would say that it is more practical than a fashion statement. I would hazard a guess that they sell only a small proportion of their away jerseys in comparison to the home one. I could be wrong though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

1.15 is pure blue steel, not complaining though. Love the haircut, Dougie!

Not daft about the new jersey but I've seen worse sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't for the horrible green colour.

zuroph wrote: »

oh forgive me zuroph ;) ah well, tis only their alternative jersey anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

zuroph wrote: »

Yes its to show where the home of rugby is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Glasgow Celtic had an away jersey like that a few years back. Which I never liked either. Presumably they'll only wear it once or twice a season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanV

Rugby jerseys look ridiculous on most fans and especially on men over the age of 30, and women. The fit isn't designed for the average fan and 99% should stay away from them! It's an awful jersey to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭phog

If they win a H/Cup wearing that jersey I'd fairly sure the majority of the fans wont be too bothered by colour or the style of the jersey.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Not gone on the colour scheme at all. My fav is still my Bank of Ireland Canto navy away jersey, just think they have a bit more class than the Addidas designs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

VanV wrote: »
    Rugby jerseys look ridiculous on most fans and especially on men over the age of 30, and women. The fit isn't designed for the average fan and 99% should stay away from them! It's an awful jersey to boot.

Would that be men over the age of 30 such as PO'C, Wallace, Quinney, The Bull etc??? I dare you to go up and tell them that they look ridiculous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanV

Would that be men over the age of 30 such as PO'C, Wallace, Quinney, The Bull etc??? I dare you to go up and tell them that they look ridiculous :)
    I said FANS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Never interested in wearing sports jerseys of any team. Essentially you are wearing an advert. In this case Toyota. Why would you pay huge money to advertise someone's products. On top of that, if they keep changing the colours your jersey very quickly becomes dated.

It's a manky jersey which I won't be buying. The training top and the polos and tees look good though
    http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections/comesoon

It's a manky jersey which I won't be buying. The training top and the polos and tees look good though
    http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections/comesoon

Few euro cheaper on munsters online shop

VanV wrote: »
    I said FANS :rolleyes:

Did you not see the smiley? Think your being a bit harsh on those of us in our 30's though. I think I look quite dashing in my jersey :D

Did you not see the smiley? Think your being a bit harsh on those of us in our 30's though. I think I look quite dashing in my jersey :D

prove it ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963884

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Not sure what to make of it, it's not awful but preferred to blue one from a few years back. Really dislike the new material used in the jerseys, I get why an athlete needs the special fibres etc, I don't see why they can't just give me a cotton version of it though, not that I amn't, in fact, a top class athlete...

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Love the haircut, Dougie!
    :(
    Remember the tale of Samson?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

:(
    Remember the tale of Samson?

Crapola, I forgot about that.... But wasn't it only because it was Delilah that cut it that he lost his strength? If a male barber did it then he'll be fine!

I never knew that story 'til I was a student nurse back in de day and I offered to shave a gentleman who was visually impared. He was an absolute gent, was grateful for my offer and told me the whole story of Samson and Delilah, but I've kinda forgotten the finer details of the story now

Advertisement