Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional question

Options
  • 26-07-2010 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

My provisional license expired recently,i havent been driving for a few months anyway but it was my fourth one which i got for 2 years after i failed my test,question is what will i need to do to get the new learner permit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You might need to re-apply for your test to show proof that you intend to do one but might only allow you to have a year on your new permit. You can cancel your proposed test then once you get your permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Fairly sure as provisionals no longer exist, you'll have to re-sit the theory test and get the learner permit from scratch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

As far as I know, you do not need to do another theory test as it has been less than 5 years since your last provisional expired. I think you just need to go to your local motor tax office, and 'renew' it - but for a Learner Permit instead of a Provisional.

Open to correction though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

You'll find the answer to your question in Section D of this link http://www.kildare.ie/countycouncil/PrintingForms/MotorTaxation/LinkToFormName,11527,en.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement