Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taking a car to the UK

Options
  • 26-07-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I am moving to the UK next week to start a new job, I am wondering what its going to cost me to bring my car with me? How do I register it, change plates etc?

Also how much trouble it is to bring my no claims bonus from an insurance point of view? I am with Axa who operate in both countries so is there communication there?

I know loads of people who have done it the other way around but not many who have moved over with their cars. Suggestions comments etc welcome.................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I am moving to the UK next week to start a new job, I am wondering what its going to cost me to bring my car with me? How do I register it, change plates etc?

Also how much trouble it is to bring my no claims bonus from an insurance point of view? I am with Axa who operate in both countries so is there communication there?

I know loads of people who have done it the other way around but not many who have moved over with their cars. Suggestions comments etc welcome.................

Do you know who originally supplied your car? Things will be a lot easier if you have a European Certificate of Conformity (COC). Usually request a COC from the original supplying dealer, but if they aren't around then you can go direct to the manufacturer.

It only costs about £50 to register in the UK, but you do have to fill out a form with the information from the COC.

Not sure about NCB. It should be honoured and was the other way around when I moved the other way.

Advertisement