Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free new release bluray/dvd xtra vision rental

Options
  • 26-07-2010 4:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Voucher is only valid on mondays and tuesdays though, but its free! :P

I think its for a one night rental of a new release dvd or bluray.

Valid until the 18th august.

Voucher in the attachment.

Any recommendations for a good recent bluray to rent?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cheers for that OP

Perrier's Bounty a new Irish comedy looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Where'd you find this OP?

Games aren't included btw, it says "Offer available on new release movies only"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

il test this out tonight!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Where'd you find this OP?

Games aren't included btw, it says "Offer available on new release movies only"
    I saw it in the freebie thread, and thought others might like to use it as not everyone looks in the freebie thread.

And, oh right, I just read the bit in the black box at the bottom as it says: Film/Game no.

But I see it does in fact say only for movies. I changed the op to reflect this. cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Cheers OP. Nice deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Can you use multiple ones (ie. this Monday, next Monday etc.....?)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

got the same voucher in an email from xtravision, same codes , same no.s, so its good 4 multiple uses , carry on lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Thanks for this. Just have to figure out what to rent now!

I'm assuming this is one per card though? I can't see Xtravision giving away multiple free rentals to same customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Yeah I say its only one voucher per card. Theres a box on the voucher where they write your membership number anyway.

Im the same as you, figuring out what I should use this on as I rarely rent blu rays. Anything good to rent out recently that is a good film, but also good on blu ray? Like a good action, thriller or horror film or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I used this today in Killarney Xtravision with no problems.
    Going to try to use another one tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thanks OP. This is actually good for 2 rentals. I don't know if this promotion is in all stores but you can also get a film from the childrens section if you rent any new release. Got shutter island tonight and the cashier said I could pick out a kids films also.

Some funny faces when i used mine in killester this evening but they accepted it nonetheless. Can anyone who has used the voucher a second time let us all know how you got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

works in ennis road limerick branch no problems

works in ennis road limerick branch no problems

Out of interest, would you accept another voucher from someone who arrived in the following Monday/Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

drkpower wrote: »
    Out of interest, would you accept another voucher from someone who arrived in the following Monday/Tuesday?
    i dont work there i just used it there this evening:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I used mine tonight they didnt know anything about it quizzed me on where i got it i said i got an email from xtravision ( little white lie;) ) . Once they scanned it it showed up internet coupon so all was good !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭carab

Cheers OP, good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I've got one, stuck it in my wallet ready to use. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Used in Leonard's Corner branch with no problems. He'd had a few that day and asked where they were coming from. They're well used to mystery coupons anyway.

Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

just love all the wheelin and dealin that goes on here! have mine-thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭465

Got this coupon already from the official xtra vision news letter e-mail, but if I print out this one can I use it again?

Also can anyone else confirm that the coupon entitles you to 2 free rentals[a new release + a kids film]

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

Got mine voucher from the xtra-vision e-mail. When I tried to use it last night I was told that they would not except it...apparently they had had too many fakes:rolleyes:
    I was NOT a happy camper!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

465 wrote: »
    Got this coupon already from the official xtra vision news letter e-mail, but if I print out this one can I use it again?

Also can anyone else confirm that the coupon entitles you to 2 free rentals[a new release + a kids film]
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    Thanks OP. This is actually good for 2 rentals. I don't know if this promotion is in all stores but you can also get a film from the childrens section if you rent any new release. Got shutter island tonight and the cashier said I could pick out a kids films also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ordin73 wrote: »
    Got mine voucher from the xtra-vision e-mail. When I tried to use it last night I was told that they would not except it...apparently they had had too many fakes:rolleyes:

Where was that?

Xtra-vision Cavan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Ordin73 wrote: »

Could you not insist that they just scan the barcode, thats hardly going to be faked as it would be on their system

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

zarquon wrote: »
    Could you not insist that they just scan the barcode, thats hardly going to be faked as it would be on their system

On the new computer systems which should be in most XV's none of the vouchers scan through. Off the top of my head Cavan still have the old system so should have just asked them to scan it in.

Tried to ask them to do this but NO was the only answer I got. "The manager says..." was the only reason they needed or they would give..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

On the new computer systems which should be in most XV's none of the vouchers scan through. Off the top of my head Cavan still have the old system so should have just asked them to scan it in.

So are Xtravision officially not honouring the offer from their own promotional literature then (emails to subscribers)? :confused:

Advertisement