Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommended tyre balancer

Options
  • 26-07-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Just got a set of new tyres on an Audi TT, but get some vibrations at speeds between 100 kph and 120 kph. Could anyone recommend a good place to get them balanced in south County Dublin? Or would any normal Kwik-Fit (or similar) place be okay?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I'd got back to where I got the tyres and kock up a fuss for them not doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Bazzy wrote: »
    I'd got back to where I got the tyres and kock up a fuss for them not doing it!

Thanks Bazzy. Should have mentioned that I did, and they said they rebalanced it, but the vibration was still there. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

eko wrote: »
    Thanks Bazzy. Should have mentioned that I did, and they said they rebalanced it, but the vibration was still there. :(

Possibly Buckled Alloy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

I would get them to check the balance again and while each wheel is on the balance machine get them to check to see if there are any buckles or flat spots in the rims.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eko wrote: »
    Just got a set of new tyres on an Audi TT, but get some vibrations at speeds between 100 kph and 120 kph. Could anyone recommend a good place to get them balanced in south County Dublin? Or would any normal Kwik-Fit (or similar) place be okay?

Thanks! :)

I now live in South Dublin, but still go to quickfit in santry purely because of the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Thanks for the replies, all. Will likely head back to the same guy to check again the rims, as recommended.

Cheers! :D

Advertisement