Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Planning permission granted for Buddhist temple in west Cork'

Options
  • 26-07-2010 1:13pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the folks who got this project to this stage and hears hoping they can see it to completion.
    Planning permission has been granted for Ireland’s first traditional style Buddhist temple which is due to be built near Allihies in west Cork, writes Olivia Kelleher.

The Dzogchen Beara Trust plans to build a 14.5 metre high temple with three additional adjacent single storey buildings on the site of its existing retreat centre at Garranes. Cork County Council has granted planning permission for the project.

However, the building of the temple is dependent on the raising of €1 million. Over €100,000 has been collected to date.

Dzogchen Beara is a long-term retreat centre and is registered as a Charitable Trust in Ireland. Tibetan master Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche visited Dzogchen Beara in May 2009 to advise on the temple, especially its design, location and orientation.

The temple will be built in the style of a traditional Tibetan monastery, a unique form of architecture that is an inspiring symbol of the Buddha’s teachings.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0726/1224275468243.html

I'd say the comments in the planning department when they saw the drawings for the temple were interesting! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Great stuff. :)

Do you know where money can be donated ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I assume if you contact these guys, they will let you know where to donate

http://www.rigpa.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

Here is the website for the temple project.

There is a page on making a donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I was at a temple in Taichung in Taiwan yesterday, and I told them that I'd read that Cork have gotten permission to build a Temple. They were so surprised. It will be a fanstatic thing for Ireland, I wish I was at home to see the plans coming together. It will be incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭seawolf145

Dyflin wrote: »
    Congrats to the folks who got this project to this stage and hears hoping they can see it to completion.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0726/1224275468243.html

I'd say the comments in the planning department when they saw the drawings for the temple were interesting! :D

Better than a Mosque anyway.icon7.gif

• Advertisement

seawolf145 wrote: »
    Better than a Mosque anyway.icon7.gif

There's really no need for that(your post) here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭seawolf145

SV wrote: »
    There's really no need for that here.

You said iticon7.gif

seawolf145 wrote: »
    You said iticon7.gif

I mean your post, not the mosque.

Advertisement