Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metor Shop Price Vs Website

Options
  • 26-07-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking to get the HTC Legend on Meteor Billpay and the Website said that the price was €39.99 on the plan I selected.

When I was in my local Meteor shop, they advised the price is €49.99 on that plan and when I told the staff in the shop about the price difference he had no idea and doesn't know what is on the website.

Is there meant to be a price difference between the site and shop and is there any way I can get the cheaper price in the shop???

Cheers
    -V-
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Cheers. Was hoping it was something I could haggle with in the shop :D

Ah well. Hopefully I will have the legend this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why wouldn't you just buy it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,126 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Davy wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you just buy it online?

Likes to support local Jobs?

Wants a point of contact if something goes wrong?

Gets honest advice?

Wants help moving data?

Possibility of a better deal?

I could stay going all night : )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Likes to support local Jobs?

Wants a point of contact if something goes wrong?

Gets honest advice?

Wants help moving data?

Possibility of a better deal?

I could stay going all night : )

Ahem, its cheaper online, didnt think i would spot that did ya ;)

I wont go into the other weak reasons :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,126 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

10'euro is hardly a bargain, the store will seem cheap if there's a fault when you buy online! I'd ask the store manager for more off with the promise you'll tell your mates that you got a better deal in the store than on the interweb.

Support is a big thing to a lot
    of people and so are jobs and communities!

The country would fully collapse if we all shopped online just to save 10 euro.

Some of those reasons are very important to people! And the internet is not always cheaper!

Advertisement