Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are you insured with Quinn Direct and driving a UK/NI registered car?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

You might be interested to hear that Quinn Direct have most likely supplied your details to the Revenue Commissioners on the back of a request for a list of any foreign registered vehicles insured at an ROI address.

I know my pal received a letter from Quinn advising that his details had been supplied to Revenue, but I don't know if all policy holders in similar circumstances will have received the same.

I'm guessing brokers and other insurers are probably in receipt of a similar request, but they may not have a mechanism in place to let you know.

He went and VRT'd the vehicle anyway, but I've no doubt a heavy fine or confiscation of your car could await anyone who hasn't been given ample warning and taken the necessary steps to get it registered before they come knocking on your door.

So, if you're driving on a UK registration and the car's insured at a home address in the republic, now's the time to visit your local VRO and get the ball rolling yourself.

Comments

Advertisement