Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund to Laser card from Woodies and Ikea

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hey Guys,

Was doing a bit of DIY work in the apartment over the weekend, and a few of the bits i purchased with my laser card from IKEA and Woodies had to be returned.

The processed the refund to my laser card, does anybody know how long these stores generally take to refund your card?

I was actually surprised at IKEA as i just requested a credit note as i wanted to just get the next size up of a particular product, The girl at C.S said they dont do that they just refund and then you can go in and re - purchase what you want, So now i dont have the refund and had to pay for the same thing twice!

So anyway, any ideas how long i will be waiting for my refund?

Best

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's down to the bank, not the store. Can take anything up to a week, though generally 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SOSTECH

Thanks Jor el, So its not the store that decides, its the bank? Just someone told me its down to when the store processes there returns?

Thanks alot for your reply, I hope its only 3 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

usually stores process the refunds with payments at the end of the day but smaller shops might only do this a few times a week but considering it is woodies/ikea they would have processed it that same day so it is then up to the bank who can take 3-5days usually.

Ok cool, Thats makes me breathe a bit easier lol

As i had to purcahse the products twice and i did'nt budget for that, Its mad how they can take your money in a split second but take days to refund it!

The next time i will just purchase with cash!

Thanks Foggy Lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

SOSTECH wrote: »
    I was actually surprised at IKEA as i just requested a credit note as i wanted to just get the next size up of a particular product, The girl at C.S said they dont do that they just refund and then you can go in and re - purchase what you want, So now i dont have the refund and had to pay for the same thing twice!

Ikea don't do credit notes but you should have been offered a refund card which is essentially a gift card.

• Advertisement

Nope i asked for a credit note or something to that effect as i just basically wanted to exchange the items.

The girl at C.S just said that all they do is refund and then you can go and re-prchase the items!

Thought it was a bit weird myself as usually shops are only too happy for you take a credit note!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

For some reason refunds do take a day or two longer than sales.
    I work in retail and we process our sales and refunds daily but sometimes it takes 2-3 working days for a refund to show whereas a sale goes straight through.
    It may be a security checking system on the banks end for skimmed/cloned cards etc.

Thanks for the reply, I guess that makes sense!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply's, Just checked my account there, and it looks like i got both refunds.

Very happy with the speed of both stores!

Cheers,

Advertisement