Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 318 Drivers, What are you paying for insurance?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    Im driving a 2003 318ci, Im 23 and have 5yrs no claims bonus and no penalty points. Im currently paying €900 for my policy.
    Iv got a neighbour who has 4 penalty points, He is 21 and has a 99 318ci. I know there is a 100cc difference in engine size between our cars but he is paying the exact same as me in insurace. He also has a no claims bonus but it is only for 2 years.

Im just wondering am i paying over the odds for my insurance?
    Id like to know how much other 318 drivers are paying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

My brother in law drives a 2006 318d,40 year old,6 years no claims bonus and no penalty points.He is currently paying 600 euro for his policy (QUINN DIRECT)

I'm 25 with 5 years no claims and I'm paying 650 euro for fully comp on a 318ci (1.9). It was the same price for last years premium also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I'm 25 with 5 years no claims and I'm paying 650 euro for fully comp on a 318ci (1.9). It was the same price for last years premium also.

Thats what i thought i should be paying. My policy ends at the end of August so im going to do some serious shopping around. Would you mind telling me what company you are with?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Thats what i thought i should be paying. My policy ends at the end of August so im going to do some serious shopping around. Would you mind telling me what company you are with?

I'm with Axa. I am on a student policy though but I don't really know if that makes much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

The 99 318ci has 118bhp, your 03 has 141bhp, I'd say thats why you insurance is higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

dylbert wrote: »
    The 99 318ci has 118bhp, your 03 has 141bhp, I'd say thats why you insurance is higher.

Yeah but he is younger than me and has 4pts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's impossible to compare policies without both being insured by the same company. OP, shop harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭lau1247

What about car year and value.. that would probably play a part in it?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

02 318ci 28 years old with 3 years NCB paying E617 with travellers (got through 123.ie)

Advertisement