Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I possibly balding?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey so I've had (in my opinion) a more mature than most hairline since I was 14, maybe a little earlier and lately it's really been on my nerves and its all i ever notice when i look at myself in the mirror, or the first glance at people is always their head of hair. During when I was 14-15 I would wash my hair and when I was drying it, I could see lots of hair that had shedded onto the towel but now i dont loose any hair when i dry, and I've had pretty much the same hairline since then so i know im not balding. Also my dad is half bald and hes 51, but i heard that you dont get your hair from your dad. My grandpa from my mom's side is bald except the sides and back of his head etc and hes like 67. Right now I am 16 years old and I want to know your thoughts about my hairline and how much longer you think it will last this way, here are some pics

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Makaveli026

Btw I brushed it back/up for the pics so you could see where the hairline starts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Nah, I dont think so. Looks like you just have a high hairline to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

doesn't look like it to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Nah man your hair maybe thining... But sure once you turn 30 that gonna happen to a fair few people...

It's nto somethign you really need to worry about. If your going bauld which your not I think the best thing is to take a clippers to your head, and shave the lot...

Nope, doesn't look like a receding hair line at all to me, looks like you have nothing to worry about. I'm 29 and the baldy patch reared it's head a few years ago :( Started shaving the head fairly tightly and now mach 3 it twice a week. I'd prefer to have a full head of hair but I reckon embracing the baldness is the way to go. I do hope I won't lose anymore of it as even freshly shaved I do like the shadow of stubble. Such is life anyway whichever way the wind blows. Most weekends when out and about at least one person asks me am I Polish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I used to think the same thing but my hairline hasnt changed since age 14, it was just in my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 login1

Men lose hair , man up and stop caring, if you loose a lot shave it and you will look fine

login1 wrote: »
    Men lose hair , man up and stop caring, if you loose a lot shave it and you will look fine

Answer the question or don't, but no opinions of the OP's worries were asked for or required, thank you so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 login1

tbh wrote: »
    Answer the question or don't, but no opinions of the OP's worries were asked for or required, thank you so much :)

I'm sorry but op is concerned when he should not be, if you are happy to let people continue to be wrapped up in their own delusions when it is obviously
    deleteriously affecting them just so the charter isn't breached then you are not helping .

OP nobody gives a flying fvck how much hair you have.

cool so - see you in three days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

It doesn't appear that you are. I am not sure if it is possible to predict when hair starts to recede. If you are becoming self conscious about it, think about shaving it off even though you do not really need to at this stage. A lot of guys do it and most people to not bat an eye lid. Do you have any older brothers that you could compare yourself too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Hard to say OP, you're better off wetting the hair, combing it back and then posting pics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just looks like its thinning to be honest. Now mine is bald. It started to recede when I was nineteen. Bit the bullet and got it shaved it off in barbers with eventually shaving it with a mach 3 myself. Never looked back.

What age are you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

My hairline looked pretty much the same as yours at your age ...it still looks like this almost 30 years later :D (minus a tiny dent at the corners maybe)

In other words ...time will tell

Advertisement