Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V.ie & ALLO-PASS BRUSSELS

Options
  • 26-07-2010 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

I purchased a 3V voucher recently and have used it for very specific purposes. 4 Traders in total. Play.com, Amazon (internal Amazon stocked purchase), (US-my hosting company) and a company that interacts with users here on boards.ie.

I noticed micropayments to: ALLO-PASS BRUSSELS for €2.00, on a day I was not online.

I don't use my 3V vouchers for micropayments or subscription purchases of any kind, I tend to just buy the 3V voucher for a specific task/need.

I sent off an email to admin@3v.ie to 'uncover' the charge, as originally it was not ALLO-PASS, but just a string of numbers. Today I see the charge has been changed and listed as ALLO-PASS BRUSSELS.

Has anyone else had hit and run charges with ALLO-PASS? Have you had any charges on a 3V card specifically?

I Googled ALLO-PASS and it is very hard to find out what the company is about, what you do get is plenty of sites with people questioning how and why they have charges listed on their VISA cards by this 'company'.

€2.00 is not much, but if they keep hitting me and other card users for that amount, someone somewhere is getting richer.

If I purchased a new 3V voucher, is there a risk of this company hooking on to that card and charging me again?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

For the record - the company that interacts with boards.ie users here in this case isn't us :D

but fyi ..

Allopass is a kind of paypal for minute transaction under €3.00. This kind of implies someone has your card details and used them to make a payment / transfer funds to an account there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

For the record - the company that interacts with boards.ie users here in this case isn't us :D

;)

I contacted 3V and I detailed my purchase history for that coupon ..and even though the amount was trivial, they still blocked off the coupon and refunded the money for a transfer. A small amount of money, but a satisfying response from 3V.

I was told that the risk of any ALLO-PASS payments was confined to that 3V voucher.

Advertisement